Installing Debian on a Low-memory System

Hello,
I am trying to install Debian Linux on a system which is built from 100%
free, recycled parts.
It has an AMD '386 DX/DXL-25 processor, and a 41 MB HDD.  BIOS detects 640KB
of Base and 4325KB of Ext. memory.

I have repeatedly run the "RESC1440.BIN" diskette, and after Linux
uncompresses, after some stuff flies past the screen, I get the MSG:  "You
do not have enough RAM, hence you must use the special low-memory
installation procedure.  Read the instructions in the install.html file".

Well, I have read that document several times, esp. the section on low-mem
installation.  It says to use the low-memory root diskette (which I have
downloaded and prepared w/rawrite) when prompted, but I never got a prompt
for the Root diskette.  Do I need a special version of RESC1440.BIN diskette
as well?  I did not see one in the directory I ftp'd Debian from
(ftp.debian.org/debian/stable/disks-i386/current/).  I read somewhere about
a disk-image called RSC1440R.BIN, but haven't seen it anywhere yet.

I'm very excited to get this box running 100% free hardware and software.
The hardware is finally functional; if you can help w/the OS, I'll be
indebted.

Sincerely,
David Karlin
Breckenridge, CO