Re: Iniitial Set Up

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Alex Kwan wrote:

: Now I upgrade my PC to a New One which
: has Pentium-II and Adaptec 2940UW SCSI Card,
: This System has install any system before,
: Do the floppy resc1440.bin can recognize the
: SCSI Card.
:
: Thanks!

The rescue disk should work fine.  We've got a couple P-IIs here with
2940s and all is well.

In some instances you will have to use a boot kernel that only has the
aic7xxx driver enabled, but that is rare with the PCI versions.  More
common are termination problems on the wide bus - some vendors seem to
think it's cool to use passive terminators on the wide bus (Compaq, for
example).  I've found that active termination is far more reliable with
Adaptec cards.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104