Re: Dumping Core on Purpose

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 12:13:44PM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> > Yes. use CTRL-\
>
> I've never heard of that.

neither have I....I just tried it...it makes programs exit fast but
I have yet to produce a core dump with it

> Actually, though...  I was looking for the program to dump core when it
> wanted (rather than at user request) and then be able to keep executing.

I already replied once...I suggested signals how about this:
if (fork() == 0)
	signal(getpid(), SIGFPE);

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"