Re: Report: installed hamm from Cheapbytes CD

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> > > You're lucky, it doesn't boot here in my desktop system with Award BIOS.
> > > I assumed it wasn't bootable when it didn't work. The Debian 1.3
> > > disks I have from LSL from the original Debian images boot just fine.
> >
> > It didn't boot at first, but then I changed the boot sequence from
> > "floppy-CD-hard drive" to "cd-hard drive" and it did. Maybe that will
> > work for you too?
>
> I did change the sequence here, without luck. I will try a couple
> of other machines but they both have Award BIOS too.

The new "beta 3" aka 09, juli 1998 binary-i386 does boot on my Award
Bios (though very slow).
phil changed the layout of the cd in such a way that the bootimage
comes first.

No luck with source (which hangs) and the usual "Failure..." message
with contrib.

---
         Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de           grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

[Usually] everthing works only as good, as it is expected to.
                    --- Stephen Chu