Re: [What's the reason !?] ATAPI reset complete ......

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Nuno Carvalho wrote:

> > > I don't know, but I sometimes get these with my ATAPI Zip disk, too.
> > > The 1.5 minute delay is bothersome.  (2.1.94 kernel)
>
>  I've heard the reasons could be:
>
>    -Bad Sectors
>    - Incompatibility from PIIX driver
>
>  I think that if we change some options from kernel we could resolve the problem !
>  I will try someways and i'll tell you !

I have this problem too. P133, triton II, some obscure brand 8x CD-ROM
player. It's nothing major of a problem, the thing works just fine
otherwise. This is probably not related to bad CD's or anything, I get it
all the time, with any type of CD.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |