Re: cirrus logic/sparklies (newbie)

In article <[🔎] 199807140746.IAA09121@algol>, Bruce Mardle
<bruce@algol.demon.co.uk> writes
> I'm having problems setting up X which I think are due to
> my graphic card settings. I have what I thought was a pretty
> standard card which the drivers are there for. The card has
> a Cirrus CL-GD5446BV with 2 MB of ram. Superprobe identifies
[snip]
I've had the same problem. I noticed it when I was using xvidtune to set
up my video card. With some settings, I would get vertical lines down
the screen, with dots "sparkling" on them. Changing the width of the
screen fixed it.
Try running xvidtune and playing with the width setting. You'll have to
make a note of the settings and update them in your XF86Config file (if
it fixes the problem), because I don't know how to get the program to do
it automatically.
--
Matthew Collins