Re: HOWTO on setting up NFS?

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Eric House wrote:

> I'm trying to set up NFS on my 1.3.1 systems in order to share files
> with a couple of Solaris machines and more.  An article in the June '98
> _Linux Journal_ describes the procedure for Slackware, but since that
> distribution has the rpc.* daemons on by default it doesn't mention how
> to start them up -- and I can't figure it out.

If you want Debian as an NFS server you need to add entries into
/etc/exports (see exports(5)).  The init script /etc/init.d/netstd_nfs
will then start the appropriate daemons at boot time.  Or you can
start them youreself by "/etc/init.d/netstd_nfs start".

By the way, Debian's NFS server will not by useable for read/write
with Solaris since Debian doesn't have a lock daemon.

--
Jean Pierre