Re: possible to partition??

Martin Str|mberg wrote:

> S K (skgold1@hotmail.com) wrote:
> : thanks a lot for all the info on my last posting (win98?  dual boot...).
> : but can one partition a hd that already has win98 installed without
> : formatting it?  (i think i've tried that with fdisk without success.)
>
> It's possible. At least FAT and HPFS partitions: buy
> PartitionMagic. I've even heard that they will support ext2 partitions
> in the future.
>
> Gorecki, Symphony No. 3,
>
>                                                         MartinS

I have Partition Magic 3.04, and that's what I used to repartition
my hard disk with Win 95 still on it. Worked very well, but I've also
heard of fips, which is some free (GNU??) software which will do
this as well. Since I was completely new to Linux at the time, I
used Partition Magic, but now I know Linux better, I'd probably
try fips. Don't have a URL handy, but try a search.

Shiraz

--
Please remove '.noubce.see-sig' from my e-mail address to reply.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I really, really, really