can't find bind

I have bind set up as a caching-only nameserver on the machine that
serves as my internet gateway, and it works just peachy. However, my
workstation can't see it: i.e. when I run nslookup, I get

*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.0.3: Non-existent
    host/domain

and it rolls over to the second listing in resolv.conf, my ISP's
nameserver. Since everything else on my localnet works fine, what's
wrong here?

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@sbt.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org