allowing xlogin from remote server

I need to be able to run Xsessions rom remote xterminals while I'm away.

Reading the xdm docs and the Xaccess files, it looks like simply adding

  name.of.remote.display

to /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess should allow this, but it doesn't seem to;

  X :1 -query remote.system

sprouts a background & cursor on the next vc, but the client gets rejected
from the host machine.

However, on another (old, slow) ultrix machine, this gives me the login prompt.

I'd have sworn that I previously figured this out, but maybe that was only
with an OSF machine for remote, and I thought that this was how I did it

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.