RE: linux + win95: linux boot partition/1024 cylinder limit

> what is the minimal size for a linux /boot partition and what files
> must it contain?
>
> # the details:
>
> I am a win95 user and want to add debian 2.0 to my pc. on my 3.2 GB
> SCSI hard disk, I want to end up with the following approximate space
> distribution:
>
> - 1 GB for win95 (OS and applications)
> - 1 GB for linux
> - 1 GB for my documents which should be accessible for linux and win95
>
> after reading the relevant FAQs, HowTOs, installation
> instructions etc.
> I recognized that all bootable partitions must start before
> the 1024th
> cylinder (I would like to use LILO), so I thought the best solution
> might be to have these partitions:

Not necessarially... I'm having LILO boot Liinux 2GB into my drive.
If your BIOS supports LBA then you shouldn't have any problems whatever.
Also, if you use teh 2.0.34 kernel, you can access fat32 partitions...  so
go ahead and format your win95 as fat32.

<else snipped>

--EVan