Re: Adding non packages to menu?

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 03:36:44PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> timothy@smasher.rs.itd.umich.edu wrote:
> > Can someone explain how, if at all possible, one adds non-packages to the
> > debian menu?
>
> This is descriped in /usr/lib/menu or /usr/doc/menu.
>

> > I tried making a file 'soffice' in /usr/lib/menu like so:
> > ?package():needs=x11 command=soffice section=Apps/Editors title="StarOffice"
>            ^
> Put something in htere, e.g. 'menu', which should be installed if you use the menu programs.

actually, while this works...it might make more sense to use the
"local" convention...ie any package name starting with "local."  will be
assumed installed ie: StarOffice4
just use
?package(local.staroffice4):....
and it should work fine.
-Steve

--
/* -- Stephen Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> ------------------------------ */
A favorite quote from a source I forget: