Re: HTML in e-mail

This is old, but I've just gotten down to about 5000 unread messages
in debian-user from 9000+, reading threaded by subject <g>.

   Have one of your people send YOU an email with OutLook or NetScape
that contains HTML.  Chop the headers out of that and use your script
to prepend the headers to your text/html files.

Here are the relevant parts from an html message I found in the list.
 Note that it sends plain text as the first part of the message then
html as the second part.  Your mail should decide which is
appropriate to view.  You should need only the 'Content-Type:
text/html;' part to send only html.

Mail readers may also look for the META tags in the html source so
you may want to include that.

>Dit is een meerdelig bericht in MIME-indeling.
>
>------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BD7858.393260E0
>
>Hello,
>
>I bought the linux debian distribution on cd,(workgroup solutions
>inc)= but i have problems installing it.

[--SNIP--]

On  2 May 98 at 14:08, debian-user@lists.debian.org wrote:

> First off, no "flame-mail" please.... <grin>
>
> I've got a Linux system here at work that's used for diald/ipmasq
> access to the Internet for our LAN.  Anyway, I've written a bunch of
> Perl scripts that grep log files and create some reports that are
> then mailed to several people on the LAN that have an interest....
>
> Anyway, they've all been happy with those, but now, with the advent
> of HTML e-mail, they're now requesting that I rewrite things so that
> they get my e-mail reports in HTML format.  i.e. they want the
> "prettied up".
>
> My question is...  Where do I go for info on how to do this?
>
> Right now, my Perl scripts just build a text file and then use
> `mail` to send the file to multiple recipients....  I've looked at
> HTML e-mail messages and it's special header info that defines the
> message as being in HTML format. So...
>
> How do I send an e-mail message with the new/custom header that
> defines the message as being in HTML format.  (Just sending HTML
> code as the body of the message doesn't work - I've tried....)
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Later,
> Kevin Traas
>

> --