Re: window manager cofiguration

*-Tom Malloy (13 Jul)
| Some window managers require you to have a mouse in a window for it to be
| active. Others allow you to click the mouse in the window and it stays
| active even if you move the mouse away.  This is probably adjustable in
| the configuration files for each window manager.  What is this feature
| called and do I turn it off or on.  Thank You

It is called Focus the usual names are FocusFollowsMouse, ClickToFocus
and SloppyFocus.  Each window manager has different methods of turning
options off and on.  In fvwm95 and probably the other fvwm variants
(check the man pages after you install the packages) you can set it by
inserting this command in the config file.

Style "*" SloppyFocus
or
Style "*" FocusFollowsMouse
or
Style "*" ClickToFocus

the "*" is all windows, in fvwm variants you can define the focus rules
on a per window basis if you want.  I don't know about other window
managers, check your local listings.

--
Brian