Re: Xconsole vs "security"

Jaakko Niemi wrote:

> >>   That's right !

> >>   I forgot to say that I'm using a ISDN card and my script use ippd ! So the
> >> passwordis on /etc/ppp/isdn-auth !
>
>  Do you have the option +pwlog enabled in /etc/isdn/ipppd.ippp0 ?
>  Disabling this makes the passwords to _not_ be logged.

 Unfortunally, I don't have isdn directory ! :(
 How could I create it !? Is there any package which do it !?

 Check out my script, on attachment ! Should I put some more option on
ippd !?

 Thanks.

 Best regards,
   Nuno Carvalho
#!/bin/tcsh

#
# ISDN script
#

# load firmware
pcbitctl -l /usr1/pcbit/bitd.hex

isdnctrl addif ippp0
isdnctrl l2_prot ippp0 hdlc
isdnctrl l3_prot ippp0 trans

isdnctrl encap ippp0 syncppp

isdnctrl addphone ippp0 out <xxxxxxxxx>

ifconfig ippp0 <aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd> pointopoint <aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd> metric 1

route add default ippp0

isdnctrl huptimeout ippp0 3600

ifconfig ippp0 up

ipppd +ua /etc/ppp/isdn-auth  \
        ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote \
        -detach \
        mru 1524 \
        -bsdcomp -ac -pc -vj -vjccomp -pred1comp \
        debug \
        useifip \
        /dev/ippp0 &

exit