Re: Reader / Editor for PDF Format Documents

    Alex> My System is Hamm, which packages are the Reader or Editor
    Alex> for PDF Format Documents?  Where can I download it?

    Alex> Thanks & Regards,

The latest Ghostscript (v5.x?) can read PDF (with the help of
ghostview if you want a convenient interface).  It also has a nifty
little util that allows converting postscript to PDF.

As for editing the PDF file itself -- I'm working with PDF at the
office, and the only thing you can edit is SOME (but not all) text.
And the editor (Exchange) tends to be overenthusiastic at changing the
contents of the file.  PDF is essentially read-only once it's
generated.

However, the .PDF files generated by the ps2pdf converter are pretty
good.

--
Benoit Goudreault-Emond -- Reply to: bgoudem@axess.com
CoFounder, KMS Group.  Student, B. CompEng, Concordia University.