Re: Lost stdio.h

Craig Askings wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         During my upgrade to the Hamm distribution, I've managed to lose a
> file called stdio.h. Could someone please tell me witch package it is in?
>
> I'm assuming it is in one of the packages releated to C but I don't know
> which one.

debian# dpkg -S stdio.h
libc6-dev: /usr/include/stdio.h
perl: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/CORE/nostdio.h

So, it's in libc6-dev package. From the help of dpkg:

dpkg -S|--search <filename-search-pattern> ...
    Search for a filename from installed packages. All standard shell
wildchars can be used in the pattern.

By the way, is there any way to seaarch for a specific file in all
available packages.