Re: Debian Package Manager "Worthless Junk"???

Rick Macdonald wrote:
> Joey, don't you mean "If you use apt with _dpkg_", or "If you use apt
> _instead_ of dselect"?
>
> I thought apt is a dselect replacement.

Apt will eventually be a dselect replacement, once the GUI frontend is
working. Currently, it was easy to take the already working part of apt that
does dependancy checking, downloads, orders, and installs packages, and make
it a dselect method. So [U]pdate and [I]nstall in dpkg get controlled by
apt, [S]select is the nasty old screen we all love to hate.

--
see shy jo