Re: Where can I read up about setting up groups

C.J.LAWSON wrote:

> Hi,
>         I guess the subject header says it all. I would like to learn how
> to set up groups (typically to give permission to print on different
> printers, restricted internet access etc) Please could anyone direct me to
> the best information resource on this

Seems any decent UN*X admin book should discuss this.  Basically you use
vigr to edit the groups file in /etc.  Add the user name(s) to the end
of the line containing the group you want to add them to.  Use commas to
separate multiple user names.  Have the user log off and then log back
in.  Run the groups command as the user.  Should show all the groups
they belong to.  Now you can chgrp whatever files you need to.

Did I forget something?  Did I give you enough info?  Let me know if you
need more.