Re: Advice on a new system

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 12:33:18PM -0400, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 08:47:29AM -0700, Doug Thistlethwaite wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
>
> > 2. Recommendations on FW SCSI adapters?
>
> I have had very good luck with my Adaptec ..um forget the model...
> its the cheapest one I could find by adaptec...AHA-1520
> it works great...course right now all I do with it is backups to tape

Nice that it worked for you, but older Debian boot disks hang on some
Adaptec Controller (didn't test the new boot disks), and Adaptec doesn't
provide good information for writing drivers. I think the best SCSI driver
in the kernel is for Buslogic --- they are kind to Linux.

> A favorite quote from a source I forget:
> "Only Microsoft can take an algorithim that has been under years of
> public scrutiny and weaken it to the point where the entire key space
> can be searched in 3 days"

:)

Internet Explorer isn't even encrypting the passwords, it just puts them in
the registration, mime encoded...

Marcus