Re: Upgrade problems

When Tod Detre wrote, I replied:

Are you using apt as your access method?  I've started using this and
specifying a list of sites to use for access and am delighted with the
results.   I recently ran dselafter not having done so for an extended
period.  I downloaded something (I forget just what) and dselect
automatically brought down ~25-30 applications which had been upgraded
since last I ran dselect.  It took several re-starts to get the required
packages (my ISP hangs up after six hours) but other than restarting
ppp (which I could let diald or something handle weere I a bit less
paranoid) and hitting <RETURN> a few times in dselect, things went
swimmingly.   Two or three files in parallel from different mirrors
kept my 33600 modem pulling ~4kb/s - Nice job!!