Re: Raid controlers

>> What raid controlers are supported in linux? Is the adaptec AAA-130
>> series? I'm looking into buying one, so is there a reccomened choice?

 Adaptec has very recently opened up their policy, and we might see drivers
 for these cards in the future, but not yet.

 DPT is supported for sure, and I think Mylex is also. Any 'external' adapters,
that
 present themselves as large disk to the system are supported (don't need any
 special drivers).

 If you have one or two spare scsi-cards and disks, you might want to try the
 software raid first.

	--j