Re: Raid controlers

>> What raid controlers are supported in linux? Is the adaptec AAA-130
>> series? I'm looking into buying one, so is there a reccomened choice?

 Adaptec has very recently opened up their policy, and we might see drivers
 for these cards in the future, but not yet.

 DPT is supported for sure, and I think Mylex is also. Any 'external' adapters,
 present themselves as large disk to the system are supported (don't need any
 special drivers).

 If you have one or two spare scsi-cards and disks, you might want to try the
 software raid first.