Re: high end SCSI card recommendation

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 08:10:08PM +0200, Jens Ritter wrote:
> Allen Ahoffman <ahoffman@announce.com> writes:
>
> > Anyway, if this is a controller issue, whats the best controller for busy
> > web servers running Debian LInux 1.3, kernel 2.0.33 and apache?
> > I can just get one and be done with it, recompile and that particular one,
> > and ...
>
> I heard a rumor that buslogic cards are the better supported cards in
> linux as buslogic itself writes the drivers.
>
> Can this be confirmed?

BusLogic drivers are not written by BusLogic, although BusLogic has
provided equipment, test facilities, engineering assitance, and so on.
The BusLogic driver is rock solid.

For a strictly budget-minded user, Advansys is not a bad choice.
They write their own drivers.  If you can spring a few more bucks and
get BusLogic, though, I highly recommend their products.

Jeff