Re: xfstt

On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 07:16:45PM +0300, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> >> I have xfstt font server thing installed and functioning. I was just
> >> wondering if I can have that load on boot. If so which file do I edit.
>
>  Check that you have '/etc/init.d/xfstt' and appropriate links pointing in
>  /etc/rc*.d . For example 'etc/rc2.d/S20xfstt' where xfstt is started at
>  runlevel 2. The number is a priority, for getting things started in right
>  order, for example netbase with 18 means it will be started before
>  exim with 20.

Just a note:
as of xfstt 0.9.8-1 the package contains an init.d script and starts
automatically on boot. The current version is in unstable and is
0.9.9 ..it fixes some bugs...a word to the wise tho....
I had to change some of its defaults to match policy and make things
work.
(ie. it now looks for fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype instead of
the ugly /var/ttfonts) You will need to move it yerself (if it finds
a /var/ttfonts you will be warned however)
also...
in that version /etc/init.d/xfstt is not a conffile (oops) that will be
fixed RSN (just one other bug I wanna fix with it) also...watch out
in the next version commingout...
to fix a conflict with xfs I am changing the default port from
7100 to 7101...but thats just what to watch for in the future ;)

BTW 0.9.9 is also easier on memory allocation and fixes a bug there
-Steve

--
/* -- Stephen Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> ------------------------------ */
A favorite quote from a source I forget: