Re: Debian Package Manager "Worthless Junk"???

>> This from the Linux-newbies list:
>>
>> From: Mike Ricketts <rickettm@ox.compsoc.net>
>> To: Donald Thompson <dalphi@luna.cs.unm.edu>
>> Cc: Chris Fischer <protek@brigadoon.com>, linux-newbie@vger.rutgers.edu
>> Subject Re: Which distribution is the best? GENERALLY? (fwd)

>> [snip]
>> junk
>>
>> > Very true.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> I'm new to Linux and wavering between going with Red Hat and Debian. Could
>> anyone comment on the strengths/weaknesses of the Debian package manager
>> vs RH's RPM system?  Also does Debian provide some kind of Uninstall-type
>> manager?

 The package management system is largest reason, why I use Debian.

 As for installing / uninstalling dpkg -i package.deb installs it and dpkg -r package.deb
 removes it. Works like charm. And I'm one of those, who like things easy and neat.

 Don't believe everything you read.

	-j