RE: autoup.sh + deselect broke emacs

Ok, I'm still confused...

Emacs? Not part of the current distribution? This is alarming.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not to worry" since the upgrade has broken
Emacs and now it is catagorized as "obsolete" meaning it is not part of the
current distrubution.

I'm certain that there must be a way to fix emacs in hamm. Is it by using
Deselect, and just selecting it for upgrade? (a loathsome download
nightmare).

Perhaps I should get a clue on the use of dpkg or apt since it seems most on
this list avoid deselect in favor of dpkg if only one package is to be
installed, emacs in this case.

Ed

Ed Young                           (303)706-5425
ed.young@echostar.com
Software Engineering
Echostar Technology Corporation
Denver, Colorado