ps command in 2.0 frozen

I noticed that the version of "ps" in the frozen Debian 2.0
distribution is different than what was in 1.3. The thing I miss most
about the version in 1.3 was the ability to define PS_PERSONALITY as
POSIX and "ps" would act like the Posix version (or SYSV). I'm much
more familiar with this but now that functionality appears to be gone
in 2.0. Anyone know why? What was the old version? I don't have a 1.3
system around anymore to find out. "ps --version" on the 2.0 system
yields "procps version 1.2.7".

TIA,
Gary