Re: Getting notebook internal modem to work.

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980707163619.19198B-100000@kepler.midco.net>,
Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes
>On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>
>: In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980707142620.17917B-100000@kepler.midco.net>,
>: Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes
>:
>: >       echo ATX0 > com3 (or wherever Windows thinks the modem is)
>: >       echo ATDT0123456789
>:
>: You mean: echo ATDT0123456789
>
>Actually I meant echo ATDT0123456789 > com3
>
>(Is that what you meant?)

Yes. Doh!

>: >You should hear the modem try to dial - probably a good idea to
>: >disconnect the phone line before trying this :)
>:
>: If you do that you won't be able to tell if it tried to dial or not...
>
>Eh?  That's what ATX0 is for (don't wait for dialtone)

OK, if it works. My dad said that when he used his mobile phone with
the PCMCIA modem you do not get the dialing sound, so I presumed it
was something the modem got from the telco.

Sorry for an entirely unsuccessful mail  :-(
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk
http://home.sol.no/~balchen/igloo/

Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not.