Re: Last Question (I hope!)

   Dennis

   a million thanks - i just checked and sure enough dselect defaults to the
   /stable directories - no doubt you are entirely correct !!!

   surely many of the /stable packages are the same as the frozen dist and so
   i do not wish to download yet again everything (8-10 hours MINIMUM).

   are you aware of method by which i can ask dselect to remake the default
   choices and only download new packages and upgrade existing - i assume this
   would be substantially quicker ??

   if i have downloaded, essentially, the bo distribution will autoup
   do this ???

Since I don't think you downgraded your base files you won't need to
run autoup.  I think dselect will fix thing since you changed it to
download from the hamm distribution.  Dselect will only
download/upgrade needed packages, so it may require the 8-10 hour
download.   Sorry if that be the case... but good luck!

   thanks again for your help

No problem.

Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>             |  phone: 353.4844
Network Admin, College of Engineering, MSU |  pager: 222.5875