Re: Problem with modules_install

On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 06:57:58AM +0000, graeve@cistron.nl wrote:
> On 6 Jul 1998 20:32:16 +0200, ej@pitnet.net (Eric) wrote:
>
> >You could use make-kpkg, I've found that it works great.  What is
> >everyone's aversion to using the kernel-package anyway?  There are so many
> >problems with people trying to install custom kernels without it.
> >
> Even with make-kpkg the modules don't end up in the right place.

It worked for me.  /usr/doc/kernel-package/README says:

When make-kpkg is finished, you'll have
kernel-image-2.0.29_custom.1.0_i386.deb and all it takes now is to
install the package (as root):
# dpkg -i kernel-image-2.0.29_custom.1.0_i386.deb

This will install the kernel, the modules, the map file and do some other
administrativia and finally it will ask you if you want to make a
bootfloppy and if you want to run lilo now.

--
 _____  _
| ____|(_)
     |__/