Re: Hard lock-up crashes, need some clues!

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> What is running / not running at the time of the crash.  The ^@ could
> indicate a daemon overflowing its buffer -- it could be a symptom or a
> cause.  When I run Netscape and Enlightenment 13.3 I occasionally have
> this happen.  Seems that NS does some things that eventually torque off
> E and X.

This sure sounds like a hardware problem. Memory, hard disk, or
overheating CPU. Also you might try a different kernel. A Pentium Pro
optimized kernel with a Cyrix processor may also cause problems for
some. As I recall I also had similar problems with the 2.0.30 kernel.

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills            *  Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.                *
* wpmills@midusa.net       *  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  *
* wpmills@networksplus.net *  http://www.networksplus.net/wpmills/  *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *