Re: URGENT hamm install help needed

If the size of your installed system is 400Mb, the disk space required is
400Mb + space for the .deb files + working space.  You can delete the .deb
files after they are installed (dselect does this for you).  So
downloading fewer packages might help you.

Here is the approach that I use:  I divide my installation into parts:
emacs, tetex, X, and everything else.  I do my installation in phases,
starting with 'everythging else'.

Unless you have deleted them, the .deb that dselect downloaded for you are
in /var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/debian/dists/frozen/main/binary-i386
If you feel adventurous, you could try deleting stuff that you dont need
to install right away (say stuff in x11, tex, and editors) to give
yourself some working room.  Then install some other packages by hand
using dpkg -i nameofpackage.deb.  Delete any .deb files that you
successfully install by hand.  Once you feel that you have deleted enough
.deb files (one way or another), give dselect another shot at it.  dselect
will know which packages were installed with dpkg and will not try to
download them again.

I think libg++ is obsolete.  If you have the replacement (libstdc++ or
something I think) you may not need libg++.

Mike