RE: hmm... an idea

have two sets of DNS files, named blah.org, and blah.dhcp, create links to them
with the real names, (named.hosts -> named.hosts.org).  have your call dhcp
with a script that removes the links, and links them to the appropriate files
and restarts named (ndc restart).

That's one way I suppose...

---russ

On 05-Jul-98 Paul Miller wrote:

> I have 1 static IP and I'm thinking about getting an additional dynamic
> IP.  I'm not exactly sure on how DHCP works, but is there a way to have
> the my DNS server (on static IP) updated when the dynamic IP changes?
>
> THanks
> -Paul
>
> -

Immortality -- a fate worse than death.