Re: Compiling the kernel?

Reinhold,

Yes I did the make modules and make modules_install, but I left that out
since I didn't get far enough for that to be an issue.

There was no image file in the arch/i386/boot directory (where I was
expecting it to be), only in /usr/src/linux, which was strange, but is
likely caused by my incorrect setup.

Thanks for the tip on bin86. I don't know how I missed that, as it
wasn't a dependancy for any package I installed. Between you and Bob,
I've got some things to look into. Thanks

Tom