Re: Diald connect script for chap

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Randy Edwards wrote:

> I recently switched ISPs to one that uses NT and its chap.  Using the
> pppconfig package I have my system working so that it works fine with
> "pon".

I think you're using hamm.

if you look in /etc/ppp/peers you'll find the ppp-options generated by
pppconfig. There is a line 'user <your user-id>'

diald does not read any file in /etc/ppp/peers. Just add 'user <your
user-id> to /etc/ppp/options and everything should work

> However, I want to get diald working.  Unfortunately, I can't for the
> life of me create a diald "connect" script that works properly in this
> setup.
>
> Would anyone have a working equivalent of /etc/diald/connect -- the
> script that diald.options calls in its "connect" parameter -- that
> works with a chap login sequence?  If so, could I get a copy of it?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>  Regards,              |Debian GNU/__     o http://www.debian.org
>  Tech. Coord./Teacher  |    ...because lockups are for convicts...
>                        |What is or why Linux?  Click on the below:
>  http://www8.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/16/13/os1613.001.html
>

> --

---
Heute ist nicht alle Tage, ich komme wieder, keine Frage!!!

   Joerg