Re: autoup.sh by ftp

*-Hans Ehrbar ( 3 Jul)

| Hello Brian,
|
| thanks for your prompt reply.  I have been trying the URL
| you gave me, http://www.debian.org/news#19980624, and I
| checked through the whole directory tree of ftp.debian.org
| but I haven't found autoup.sh anywhere where it is
| accessible per ftp.  I lost quite a bit of time over it, and

ftp.debian.org is not mentioned in the above URL as a place to get the
autoup.sh script.

From: http://www.debian.org/news#19980624,

    1.autoup.sh - This is a script that will upgrade the programs in the
      correct order, even download the deb's for you. Because of the
      continuing changes to the archive, a tar archive of the packages
      that were available at the time autoup.sh was last released is
      provided. Versions are available at:
      the current site
      http://www.taz.net.au/autoup/
      http://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup/
      http://www.uk.debian.org/autoup/ (ftp: also okay)
So ftp://www.uk.debian.org/autup/ will also work.  I aslo check
debian.vicnet.net.au for ftp and I found you can also access it via
ftp, i.e. ftp://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup/ will work also.

Hope this helps,

Brian