NCR SCSI - which debian kernel will work

After spending many hours last night and today searching the net I found a
few references to other people having similar problems to me.  (The system
hangs on my NCR53c875 SCSI controller when I try boot from the rescue disk
to try and install debian "bo" 1.3.1.  Incidently Caldera works...)  It
appears that the kernel version that is include on the debian CD I have is
the issue. Does anyone know were I can get the appropriate kernel and how
do I use it to do this installation?