some newbie questions - plz help
- To: debian-user <email@example.com>
- Subject: some newbie questions - plz help
- From: Kari Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:08:13 +0300 (EET DST)
- Message-id: <Pine.GSO.3.95q.980702145041.7451A-100000@newton>
I've just set up debian hamm and i have few problems with it.
It seems that i'm not able to create working accounts.
I've tried to create them with "adduser whatever" -command,
but when i try to logon, it says "could not cd to /home/whatever".
Then it throws me back to the login prompt. Any ideas why it behaves so?
I've checked the permissions of /, /home and /home/whatever and they
seem to be ok. But i'm not 100% sure.
I've also checked the passwd and group files too. Nothing weirdo there
A second quiz:
man returns me libc.6.so: Permission denied. when i checked this file,
it was a symlink to some other lib (can remember the name. debian's own?).
anyway this other lib had 755 permissions. any idea why my man is
Unsubscribe? mail -s unsubscribe email@example.com < /dev/null