RE: lilo-password-dos

You just need to add a "password=XXXXXX" line to each OS stanza as
shown in the lilo.conf file below.  You are prompted for
a password after entering your OS selection at the lilo prompt:

prompt
compact
single-key
timeout=600
boot=/dev/hda
message=/boot/message

image=/vmlinuz
 label=Linux
 alias=1
 password=linpass
 root=/dev/hda7
 read-only

other=/dev/hda2
 label=Win95/WinNT
 alias=2
 password=winpass
 change
  partition=/dev/hda2
   activate
   set=dos16_big_normal
  partition=/dev/hda1
   deactivate
   set=dos16_big_hidden

other=/dev/hda1
 label=MSDOS/Win3.11
 alias=2
 password=dospass
 change
  partition=/dev/hda1
   activate
   set=dos16_big_normal
  partition=/dev/hda2
   set=dos16_big_hidden
   deactivate

Since the passwords are plain text, you want to make sure that only root
has
read permission on your lilo.conf file. Note: I've got version 20 of LILO
(because
I need the partition activation/deactivation and partition
hiding/unhiding stuff
that is only present in version 20), but I believe passwords were
supported in
the same manner in the version that comes with BO (version 19).

Tony Richardson