xhost

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my debian 1.3.1 box to allow me to run X programs from
the root account when I am logged in as another user, this is because the root
account is locked so I have to 'su' to root, the problem I am having is that
before I 'su' to root I have to run xhost <hostname>.  Is there anyway to have
this done automatically or do I have to enter it in manually?

Also I have root's profile script set to export the DISPLAY environment
variable when I do a 'su -' but does it matter if this is set if I am not in X
but just using the console or telnet?  If it does then how can I get it to only
be set when I 'su -' from within X?

Regards

Graham