man -k isn't working on recent hamm

Hi,

I'm running a hamm system from June, 23rd and have problems with "man -k".

Both relevant packages, man-db_2.3.10-65.deb and manpages_1.19-1.deb, are
installed correctly, that's at least what "dpkg -s" is telling me. I can
access every manpage in /usr/man/..., but I can't use "man -k", it won't
find a single match.

According to the man page of mandb one should use "mandb --create" to
create an index file (index.db ?? out of memory) in /var/catman/...
If I use this command mandb parses through all man directories (my
MANPATH is recognized correctly) but tells me at the end, that there
are 0 man pages to update !!! And I can't find any index file afterwards.

Am I thinking or doing something wrong ???

Any help is highly appreciated !

Thank's,

Michael

P.S. I'm not subscribed to debian-user, so could you CC any reply to
     me as well, please ?

--
  The opinions expressed above are solely those of the author