Re: dosemu

Robert Kerr wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm having a very frustrating time with dosemu.  I've gotten to the point
> where I can actually type dos at the prompt and I get a very nice c:
> prompt.  From there I'm lost.  I've read the docs, and they are very
> confusing, contradictory and not very helpful.  I try to lredir my drives,
> but I keep getting error 3e 3c 42, depending on how I'm trying to do it.
> Do I need to have my dos partitions mounted already?
> Do they need to be listed in dosemu.conf?
> How can I edit the autoexec.bat file if I can't access an editor?
I too am having problems...

After reading copious HOWTOs & READMEs, I think my problem lies with
LILO.
I have one disk, split into 4 partitions:
hda1 is the suspend partition for my laptop
hda2 is the windows95 partition, with a shell statment in the config.sys
to load 4Dos 5.55
hda3 is swap
hda4 is linux ext2

hda2 is mounted, at boot, to /dos using the following fstab entry:
   /dev/hda2  /dos   vfat   defaults,user  0  0

How on earth do I get dosemu to use my 4Dos dos rather than freedos?

As a sub-question, is there any way to run SPX packets (ie run netadmin
from a Novell4.11 server?)

--
Ian Stuart
Medicine & Veterinary Medicine Computing Support

              http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~kiz/

LandRovers - a 50-year-old stop-gap that has become the most successful
             4x4 production vehicle in the world.