Re: using dhcpcd's -c option

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Eric House wrote:

> dhcpcd takes as a option a script that gets run when an IP address is
> assigned, and I could use this script to put the IP address in some
> known place on the network.  But I can't figure out how dhcpcd is
> getting called -- or rather, in which of the myriad places in
> /etc/rc?.d/* where it *is* invoked I ought to be adding this param.

$ more /etc/init.d/dhcpc
[...]
case "$1" in
  start)
    start-stop-daemon --start --verbose --exec $DAEMON -- -r -c \
      /root/bin/dhcp.up
    ;;
  stop)
    kill -9 `cat /var/run/dhcpcd-eth0.pid`
    #start-stop-daemon --stop --verbose --exec $DAEMON
    ;;
[...]

I use the rude stop because dhcp will send out an ip release message,
which means my ip will change, when killed normally.  I also need the -r
for my setup.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)