How to read a word 8 file? (was: How to read a word 7 file?)

servis@purdue.edu writes:
 > *-Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella (23 Jun)
 > |
 > | Well, maybe it is a 8.0 format, then. All I know is that So complains
 > | "This is not a word 6.0 file", so I guessed it was a 7.0.
 > |
 > | BTW, how can I find out which version is it?
 > |

 > strings <file.doc> | grep 'Word\.Document'
 >
 > examples:
 > % strings chap1.doc | grep 'Word\.Document'
 > Word.Document.8
 > % strings iac95abs.doc  | grep 'Word\.Document'
 > Word.Document.6

$ strings Criar.doc | grep "Word\.Document"
Word.Document.8

I had to change the subject of this thread :^<

Thanks for that clue.

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com