Re: 3Com Etherlink III doesn't work

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Wim De Blay wrote:

Sounds like you could have a routing problem. What does route return?

Other things which might help. Exactly which card are you using. Model
3cxxx? Which driver?

The 3c59x/3c90x series has had many driver revisions. In general it
has been getting better with later revisions.

> Hi all,
>
> I just changed from slackware to debian (I think it's hamm, can't check
> it right now, but definitely not slink), but I can't get my 3Com Etherlink
> III ISA card to function properly.
>
> This is how it stands: I managed to get it work in slackware (so I suppose
> it is fully supported in debian too); next I installed debian (smooth
> install, no problems, entered irq=10 and io=0x300 as the parameters for
> the 3Com card. Those params worked in slack and still do in NT4). When I
> wanted to run the dselect package and update via FTP, I noticed I wasn't
> connected.
>
> I have static IP, pinging nameserver returns no packages, the card is up
> and running according to ifconfig, params (DNS, domain etc) seem ok...
>
> Are there known problems with this card, or is it just me that
> misconfigured things?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated,
> Greetz,
> Wim
>

> --

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills            *  Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.                *
* wpmills@midusa.net       *  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  *
* wpmills@networksplus.net *  http://www.networksplus.net/wpmills/  *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *