3Com Etherlink III doesn't work

Hi all,

I just changed from slackware to debian (I think it's hamm, can't check
it right now, but definitely not slink), but I can't get my 3Com Etherlink
III ISA card to function properly.

This is how it stands: I managed to get it work in slackware (so I suppose
it is fully supported in debian too); next I installed debian (smooth
install, no problems, entered irq=10 and io=0x300 as the parameters for
the 3Com card. Those params worked in slack and still do in NT4). When I
wanted to run the dselect package and update via FTP, I noticed I wasn't
connected.

I have static IP, pinging nameserver returns no packages, the card is up
and running according to ifconfig, params (DNS, domain etc) seem ok...

Are there known problems with this card, or is it just me that
misconfigured things?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Greetz,
Wim