Re: .maildelivery, "to:" line, exmh, & spam

Richard E. Hawkins Esq. writes:

> reading through a newsgroup, someone pointed out what should have been
> obvious:  bulk emailings almost never have a "to:" or "cc:" in the header, and
> that mail could be filtered to a junk box in this manner.
>
> But looking through the exmh documentation about .maildelivery, this doesn't
> seem to be an option:  I can sort by the contents of any field, but it doesn't
> mention the *existence* of any field.
>
> Or would
>
>   To    *   | ?   "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +inbox"
>
> put an article into the inbox if there was something in the To line, and do
> nothing if no such line existed?

Perhaps the way to sort the "junk" mail from the legit, wanted mail is to

1) match any mail which meets your critera and put that mail into your normal
mailbox
and 2) default all other mail to a junk account which you can have "cron"
delete it periodically.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK