Re: NO HOST FOUND

The BusLogic readme file with the kernel source states your board is supported.
Try using the kernel parameter 'BusLogic=0'. Which version of debian are you
trying to install? Are you sure you've got kernel support for your controller?
Did you configure the module to be loaded which supports BusLogic? I don't know
if kernel support for BusLogic is built-in or in a module... Probably in a
module. I wish the docs with the disks-i386 stuff indicated the config which was
used to build the kernel and also told what modules are available.

Michael Wagner wrote:

> Betreff: NO HOST FOUND
> ********************************
>
> I'm trying to install the Debian Linux now for a couple of days but I
> have big troubles.
>
> I'm unable to solve a problem with my SCSI-controller. I own a
> BUSLOGIC FlashPoint LT Host Adapter (PCI, BIOS Version=1.41d, BIOS
> Address=c8000h, Port
> Adress=6000h, IRQ=11).
>
> The connected devices are: a Quantum Fireball (3.2 GB), an old
> Quantum-HD (100 MB), a Sanyo CD-ROM, a NEC-CD-ROM and a Syquest
> SQ270-S.
> I read in many HOW-TOs, that my controller is supported by the kernel.
>
> I'm using the bootdisks from www.debian.org. It contains a 2.x kernel
> so I think I've to use the boot-promot: "linux BusLogic=0x6000".
> I've even tried the parameter "bulogic=" for the 1.x kernel. I've
> tried every I/O-address. I've tried all possible combinations of
> parameters but when I try to partion my harddisks in the setup-menu,
> it tells me, that no disk and no host was found.
>
> I don't have any further ideas what to do.
>
> PLEASE HELP ME!
>
> C_Schuetzinger@yahoo.com

Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com