NFS problem with 2.0

Urg.  Fimble Fungers here sent this out with a screwy Subject line.
Here again ...

I've been seeing a problem with NFS on 2.0 here.  I have several
machines set up with Debian, both the stable and frozen releases.  The
stable ones are running 2.0.33 while the frozen ones are running either
2.0.33 or 2.1.106.

I've mirrored the site to a few of the machines here, both 2.0.33 and
2.1.106, and use them for installs to other machines.  The trouble is
with the NFS installs.  If the server is a frozen machine, then the NFS
install will fail regardless of kernel version.  If it's a stable one,
it works fine.

The symptom manifests itself with the local NFS mount directory becoming
a file, losing it's directory attribute.  Oddly, dselect is able to get
the package files just fine.  It's only when the actual install starts
that it dies.  Mostly before a single package is done, but occasionally
a couple of packages will come through before it flops.

Aside from dselect, I can NFS mount a remote directory and roam around
in it at will.  Dir listings seem OK.  I can even copy a few small
files.  If I try to copy a large file, it will start, then die.

Any ideas ?

--
Dean Carpenter	deano@areyes.com
94 TT :)			Dean.Carpenter@pharma.com