Update, version nos of ld... Re: missing dlfcn.h, dlopen() man page... & other dl stuff HELP!

I have version 1.9.9 of ld.so...
The "stable" release is 1.8.12...  This is the version of ld at work,
and it
has a man page for dlopen and the dlfcn.h file....

Should I downgrade (the status file in /var/lib/dpkg says not to
downgrade
to 1.8.x), I don't remember why I installed 1.9.9 (oops :)  So, what
gives here?